Fort Siloso

Built by the British in the 1880s to protect the western entrance to the Singapore harbour, Fort Siloso is the only preserved British coastal fortification in Singapore today. Located at the western tip of Sentosa, the fort became a concentration camp for POWs (Prisoners Of War) during the Japanese Occupation from 1942 to 1945.

In 1967 when the British troops departed, the island was handed back to the Singapore government. Less than a decade later in 1975, under its new custodian Sentosa Development Corporation, the Fort was granted a new lease on life – its doors opening to the public for the first time.

For many veterans and their families, it serves as an important window to Singapores colonial past and a poignant reminder of the war years.

Open
10.00 am 6.00 pm (daily). Last admission at 5.30 pm.

Admission
SGD 8 adults, SGD 5 children (normal island admission charges apply)
* Prices are subject to changes.

Approximate Touring Time
1 hour 30 minutes

Location
33 Allanbrooke Road, Sentosa, Singapore 099981

Tel
(65) 6275 0388

Fax
(65) 6275 0161

Getting There
Take the Sentosa Bus from Seah Im Interchange (just next to Harbourfront MRT station). On Sentosa, take the Blue or Red Line buses. Click here for more info.

Accessibility for the physically disabled at Fort Siloso
Rental of wheelchairs are available free of charge. However, you are advised to contact Customer Service at Tel: (65) 6275 8306 for prior arrangements.
A handicapped toilet is located near the entrance of the Fort.

Source:http://www.visitsingapore.com/

Leave a Comment