Lowicz

Lowicz is situated in the Lodz Voivodeship (since 1999); previously, it was in Skierniewice Voivodeship (1975-1998).

Lowicz was a residence of Polish primates. When they were regents of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, the town became a temporary capital of Poland during interregnum.

==== LOWICZ – SIGHTSEEING

The ruins of a former bishop’s castle can be found on the outskirts and the town has an important ethnographic museum and skansen with traditional houses.

Near the town is the first welded road bridge in the world built across the river Sludwia Maurzyce in 1929.

The town also has Muzeum w Lowiczu (Museum in Lowicz) exhibiting Polish art and historical artifacts from the region. An open air 17-hectare site outside of town displays a collection of historical structures depicting traditional Polish village life.

Leave a Comment