Horse racing in Singapore has had a long and illustrious history, beginning in 1842 with the formation of the Singapore Sporting Club by a group of racing enthusiasts.
During its varied and colourful past, the racecourse grounds had been used for an array of activities ranging from polo matches to the landing of the first aircraft in Singapore. In 1924, the Singapore Sporting Club changed its name to Singapore Turf Club, to better reflect its role.
Since then, the Club has moved to its current premises in Kranji, with the SGD 3 million Singapore Airlines International Cup being included in the prestigious World Series Racing Championship.
Singapore Turf Club
1 Turf Club Avenue
(65) 6879 1000
(65) 6879 1010
Take the north south line to NS7, Kranji station, which is located adjacent to the MRT Plaza entrance of the racecourse. Or take bus services 170, SMRT178, SMRT925, SMRT960 and SMRT961 which ply along Woodlands Road and stop in front of the Kranji MRT station.
Turf Club/Horse Racing