Upper Galleries of Gibraltar

From Main Street Willi’s Road leads past the Moorish Castle into Queen’s Road, a narrow road which runs along the Rock, half way up, affording fine views. At the near end of this road, on the left, are the Upper Galleries, which were hewn from the rock during the Franco-Spanish siege of Gibraltar in 1779-83 and still house cannon.

Leave a Comment